Monday, November 14, 2016

Beauty Pass

This week we made our previous level more visually appealing. After pulling several asset packs (Mod_SciFi_Halls, Game Texture Free Materials, ScifiHallway, etc.) I began by improving my centrifuge blueprint. I used a laser pointer material to create the effect of a laser grid, then shrunk the gaps to provide additional challenge.


Then I decorated the moonscape with twisted rock formations and alien torches.


Then I improved the look of the Moonbase exterior with emissive marquees and high res textures.


Followed by the airlock, where I added benches, lockers, monitors, oxygen tanks, and lights.


Finally I spruced up the interior with better lighting, smoky alcoves, and structural supports.



1 comment:

  1. I liked the work that was produced this round. The lighting outside felt like the radius and light intensity around your torches could be raised a bit. I think the inner play area was improved, but we need a clear path from level 1,2,3 and the final lift off. Keep working on this!!

    ReplyDelete